½ time Position including a full housing allowance
Bishop Andrew Hedge, in consultation with the Methodist Synod Superintendent is looking to appoint a priest to this Anglican-Methodist co-operating venture whose current co-ordinating partner is the Anglican Church (Diocese of Waiapu).
This position is .5 FTE role and would be negotiated by way of a covenant to ensure that this included the provision of worship every Sunday in the month, and the mid-week Communion. Alongside this .5 Stipend would be a full housing allowance.
The person the parish seeks for this role as minister needs to:
- be energetic
- have proven leadership skills with a willingness to develop a team
- be a good communicator, enabler and encourager, with the ability to think and work laterally
- be orientated towards children and young people to re-engage with the childcare centres and develop relationships which will build a children and families ministry which no longer exists
- have a strong liturgical grounding and able to work with both Anglican and Methodist liturgies
- be prepared to engage with the Methodist Synod as well as the Anglican requirements of Synod, Clergy Conference, Clergy Training days, Regional Conference and to engage with the Co-operative Ventures Forum gatherings (2-3 a year)
- not be afraid to speak out on social issues
- to encourage the parish in its engagement with its wider community
- be able to show genuine interest in people and the life of the parish
- be a person of forward vision
- have an open theological perspective
- be a warm and friendly personality.
For expressions of interest please contact in the first instance Colleen Marriott (Office Manager, Diocese of Waiapu) for a Parish Profile.
Closing date for applications is 8th February 2018.
Reference Code: QRBZ
Share this page