“The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become.” – Henry Martyn, 19th century missionary.
“The Church exists by mission, just as a fire exists by burning.” – Emil Brunner
The School of Theology, hosted by Bishopdale College, aims to foster a space where excellent theology is connected with the demands of discipleship in a way that resources those at the ministry coalface.
The Christian journey does not end at conversion, and in the same way, mission is not limited to giving a gospel invitation. The growth and maturity of God’s people goes hand in hand with the outwards movement and focus of the Church. To that end, in 2017, we invite papers that address issues of genuine discipleship and mission. Whatever your theological discipline, we want to know how it connects with the life and mission of the people of God. How do theological insights help us to live, and also help others to develop, as discipleship-shaped missionaries?
Please submit paper proposals to by August 10.
- Papers should be 25 minutes long, and include some form of audience participation (discussion, reflection), with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
- Proposals must be no more than 300 words in length.
- We are looking for robust academic papers that are presented in a way accessible to those without theological degrees.
- Please include your title and full name, institution or location, and an email address.
- Papers are welcomed from postgraduate students, who must also include their current programme of study, and provide their supervisor’s name and email address.
The latest information will be available at www.bishopdale.ac.nz/schooloftheology.
Reference Code: KZRZ
Share this page