Anglican Parish of Sumner – Redcliffs, Christchurch
An exciting opportunity for ministry exists within this parish in Christchurch. As our Vicar has retired we are looking for a new Vicar. Our parish is located very close to the sea and our focus is on ministering to our communities, forming disciples and building up the body of Christ in our various congregations.
We are an evangelical church that embraces and lives an open, generous and Christ-centred mission. Our worship encompasses both contemporary and traditional styles. We aim to build on the best of the past as we embark on the next step of our journey towards continued growth of our church, mission and outreach. We have one Fresh Expression called the Board Room which reaches out to those who surf, skate-board and do other ‘board’ activities.
Do you have
- Excellent leadership skills with strong visionary gifting;
- Strong pastoral skills, able to support and care for our diverse congregations;
- The drive and vision to lead us on our journey towards continued growth?
- Be a team leader, working with a small staff team, an enthusiastic laity and ministry leaders;
- Engage with local communities
- Appreciate the needs of existing worshippers while seeking to make worship accessible and attractive to non-church attenders
- Be enthusiastic and creative in drawing people into the life of our church
- Be part of the group that re-builds this part of Christchurch that was seriously damaged by the series of earthquakes?
A parish profile and an expression of interest form are available by emailing the office of Bishop Victoria Matthews of the Diocese of Christchurch: or by phoning 03 348 6701.
Applications, which must include a CV, a response to the profile of not more than three pages, and a statement about your approach to ministry, are to be sent to .
Applications close on 24 June 2016
Reference Code: PMJZ
Share this page