Director for Theological Education
The Anglican Communion Office, based in London is the permanent Secretariat for the Instruments of Communion of the worldwide Anglican Communion. We are seeking to appoint a Director for TEAC (Theological Education across the Anglican Communion), to co-ordinate, facilitate and develop networks across the Communion in order to build capacity to deliver good quality theological education for the whole people of God. This important post will hold responsibility for enabling and coordinating the vision, networks and resources in relation to theological education across the Communion.
Major responsibilities include;
- to develop a shared vision for theological education and to encourage a culture of teaching and learning;
- to strengthen awareness of Anglican identity and promote an understanding of the Anglican way;
- to develop the Bible in the Life of the Church initiative by encouraging the faithful study of Scripture and to stimulate reflection on the task of interpretation for all the baptised;
- to develop existing networks and to develop online and web-based networks for the sharing of information and learning resources and manage the existing relevant sections of the Anglican Communion Office website.
- to work collaboratively with the Standing Commission on Unity, Faith and Order, mission agencies and promote ecumenical collaboration.
- to coordinate the dissemination and sharing of
resources for catechesis
- to coordinate the development of The Anglican Way Signpost series, support the work across the Communion on hermeneutics and to oversee the translation of resources into languages of the Anglican Communion.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the ecclesiology of the Anglican Communion.
- Have extensive experience in theological education at all levels in the Anglican Communion and of working globally and cross-culturally at a senior level. Experience of working in Africa, South America or Asia is particularly desirable.
- Have working experience of different approaches to adult education as well as current challenges facing the Church in the area of Christian education.
- Have a graduate qualification in theology; an earned doctorate in theology is preferred.
- Be able to engage with and have experience of working collaboratively with people from a range of backgrounds and nationalities
- Be able to work independently including the ability to start and successfully complete a major project.
- Be confident in working with web-based materials and in the use of IT tools.
- Have the ability to communicate ideas through both the written and spoken word and to build capacity in others.
The application should include a CV and the names of at least three referees.
The secretariat is located in Westbourne Park, London W11. This senior position will be remunerated according to NCI salary scales currently £48,301 to £53,662 per annum; reasonable relocation expenses may be paid.
The last day for applications is 30th May 2016 and Interviews are likely to take place by conference call on 17 June and a second interview in London on 28 June.
Further information is available on our website http://www.anglicancommunion.org/structures/secretariat/vacancies.aspx
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Reference Code: HDNT
Share this page