DIRECTOR FOR COMMUNICATIONS
Anglican Communion Office
The Anglican Communion Office, based at St Andrew’s House, London is the permanent Secretariat for the Instruments of Communion of the worldwide Anglican Communion. We are seeking a Director for Communications to give strategic direction and vision for the communications work of the Communion.
The successful candidate will have:
- a passion to communicate the Christian faith
- experience f leading a team and creating a communications strategy and plan,
- a successful track record in professional communications, and familiarity with radio and TV news journalism
- the knack to spot newsworthy stories and write them up in sparkling English
- verbal fluency to make oral presentations and broadcasts
- familiarity with and enthusiasm for the utilization of social media
- a commitment to collaboration and team building
- willingness to present opposing sides of an argument even-handedly
- a calm head in crises
- previous work for an international organisation
- experience of organising News Conferences
- education to degree level, or equivalent in experience
- competence in budgetary management
- Creating a communications strategy.
- Forming a global communicators’ network and identifying means of receiving news from churches ‘on the spot’ where news breaks;
- Daily gathering and disseminating good news;
- Managing a small team which will provide:
a daily worldwide news service, a proactive service for the media, editorial control of the website and a quarterly magazine, vigorous development and operation
of social media and contemporary communications technologies, contact with visitors to the Office;
- Taking charge of communications at Primates’ Meetings, the Lambeth Conference and meetings of the Anglican Consultative Council;
- Articulating and publicising the work of ACC Directors;
- Sustaining strong relationships with the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Office and other Anglican organisations.
The application should include a CV and the names of at least three referees.The secretariat is located in Westbourne Park, London W11. This senior position will be remunerated according to NCI salary scales currently £47,587 to £52,868 per annum; reasonable relocation expenses may be paid. 2The deadline for applications is 15 January 2016 and Interviews are likely to take place in London on 4 February.
Further information is available on our website www.anglicancommunion.org/structures/secretariat/vacancies
Applications should be sent to:
Reference Code: TLSM
Share this page