The Provincial Secretary reports to the Archbishop of the Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea. He or she is the chief administrative officer of the Anglican Church.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the Archbishop’s Office and the other Provincial Institutions
- Arranging ACPNG Provincial meetings including Provincial Council, House of Bishops, Board of Trustees, and Finance Committee.
- Implementing decisions made by the Provincial meetings.
- Arranging and managing contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Prepare ACPNG 3 year strategic plan and co-ordinate its implementation.
- Maintaining and ensuring all ACPNG assets are properly registered and valuation is carried on a planned schedule.
- Preparing monthly accounting reports for the Board of Trustees and Finance Committee.
- Preparing annual financial reports and budgets and presenting them to the Provincial Council.
- Overseeing the accounts of Dioceses and Institutions for accountability and transparency.
- Maintaining Partnership with the Government, NGO’s and Churches both within PNG and Overseas.
Qualifications/Experience & skills required:
- Degree in Business Management or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in senior management positions.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain strong and effective relationships with partners and other stakeholders.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills at the senior management level.
- Ability to effectively resolve simple to complex issues independently.
- Must be computer literate.
- Someone who is an Anglican Church member.
- A good team leader.
- Overseas Applicants may apply
All applications must be submitted to:
Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
P O Box 5516
National Capital District
Closing date for Applications Monday 29th February 2016
Reference Code: PCNG
Share this page