The Anglican Parish of Kapiti is looking for a Vicar.
We are a growing, mission shaped, multigenerational, multicultural parish that is open to a mixture of expressions of being Church. We aim to bring Christ into the community and the community to Christ. The love of Christ comes before all else. We strive to reflect a life style that is distinctive, counter cultural, authentic and attractive.
This is a full time position with oversight over eight congregations and three church buildings. The role is supported by part-time and self-supporting priests, retired clergy, and lay leaders.
The person we are looking for would:
- Be a collaborative and enabling leader with demonstrable leadership skills;
- Be committed to the strong liturgical and musical tradition with its emphasis on the sacraments;
- Be able to recognise talents and opportunities and enable them to be developed;
- Be motivated to extending the mission of the church both ecumenically and in the wider community;
- Have confidence and experience in strengthening spiritual formation for themselves and others;
- Have experience in running a parish and who wishes to explore new opportunities with diverse and enthusiastic Anglican communities
- Be an inspirational leader to our youth and young people
The remuneration package would also include a three bedroom house situated close to the Parish administration centre and is within easy reach of local schools, shops, Kapiti Airport, public transport (bus and train) as well as the beach.
To learn more about our parish please visit: http://www.kapitianglican.org.nz
To learn more about the Kapiti Coast please visit: http://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/
If you feel this is clearly God’s call on your life at this time then we look forward to welcoming you into our church family. Applications close on Tuesday 1 December 2015. For a copy of our church profile and an application form email:
Bishop’s EA, Rebecca Apperley at or telephone: 04 471 8597
Applicant’s CV must include a response to the profile of not more than three pages, and a statement about their personal approach to ministry.
Reference Code: HKTJ
Share this page