Family/Whanau Worker @ Family Start – Full time, Contract/Temp
Anglican Family Care is currently seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic Family/Whanau worker to join our Family Start team. We are looking for someone who will share our passion for ensuring children are safe and families are supported.
About Anglican Family Care:
We have been providing social services in Otago for over forty years, working with children and their families. We have the responsibility for delivering:
• Social services and counselling support to children and families
• Family Start programme
• Restorative Justice
• A strong brand and community relationships
About the position:
Family Start is a home visiting programme that focuses on improving children’s growth and health, learning and relationships, family circumstances, environment and safety. Family Start begins to support babies and their parents/caregivers early – before the baby’s birth or in their first year.
Anglican Family Care supports families/whanau to access a comprehensive range of welfare, health, education and other necessary services appropriate to their needs.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• A tertiary qualification in one of Social Work, Early Childhood Education or Nursing
• Knowledge of parenting and child development
• An understanding of Care and Protection principles and the CYP&F Act 1989
• Good knowledge of community resources and an ability to develop networks particularly in the Maori and Pacific Island communities
• Experience working with families who need support with complex and often stressful situations
• Sound computer and data base skills
• Current driver’s license
If you want an opportunity to work in an organisation that really makes a difference in the quality of lives of children and their families in Otago, then this role is for you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Reference Code: JQGC
Share this page