EARTHED in HOPE: Dying, Death and Funerals
A seminar with Rev. Alister Hendery Tuesday 30th June 2015… at the Anglican Diocesan Office Peter Mann House 1a Howden Street Green Island
Starts at 10am – concludes 2.30pm
This event is offered free to those who are interested. For any further information please contact or 03-488-0829
10am – 12 noon TOPICS:
1. Why does contemporary society deny death and how do we help people face the reality of their mortality?
2. How do we minister in a pluralistic culture where people are ‘spiritual’ but not ‘religious’?
3. How has our understanding of grief changed?
4. How do we respond to a death by suicide or the death of a child?
1pm – 3pm TOPICS:
1. What are the purposes of a funeral?
2. What is the difference between a church funeral and a celebrant-led service?
3. What are some of the basics of taking a funeral?\
4. What do we believe about life after death?
Reference Code: SNWX
Share this page