St Peter’s Caversham celebrates its Patronal Festival in the year of its 150th anniversary celebrations on Sunday 28 June. The parish is delighted that the Christchurch Cathedral Choir has accepted its invitation to sing at the 10.30 am Parish Eucharist
- Processional Hymn: ‘Christ is made a sure foundation’.
- Mass Setting: Charles Stanford (1852-1924)
- Gradual Motet: ‘Hymn to St Peter’ Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)
- Offertory Hymn: ‘Let all mortal flesh’.
- Communion Motet: ‘Tu es Petrus’. Palestrina (1525-1594)
- Communion Hymn: ‘How shall I sing that Majesty’. Tune: Third Mode Melody Thomas Tallis (1505-1585)
- Recessional: ‘O praise ye the Lord’.
The guest preacher will be the Revd Aaron Douglas, curate of All Saints Gladstone, Invercargill, and Otago Southland Youth Consultant for Scripture Union.
Reference Code: JLQL
Share this page